Manager, Software EngineeringApply Now for this job: Manager, Software Engineering
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Hire and lead an engineering team whose primary goal is to improve and automate testing of the many technology products at ESPN.
- Define and drive the future state vision of automation process, architecture and frameworks.
- Be the change agent. Evangelize best practices for continuous improvement, and adoption of test infrastructure across the technology organization.
- Collaborate with product, creative and engineering delivery teams to provide technical expertise and leadership. on the developing high quality software, efficiently.
- Define and track key metrics for process improvement, quality and release.
- Lead, develop and mentor software engineers.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience.
- Experience in design, implementation and delivery of test automation frameworks and tools.
- Proficiency in working in a Unix/Linux based envt, GIT, build automation tools like Maven.
- Hands on experience with Cucumber, Selenium and/or Appium.
- Experience with Continuous integration/delivery systems.
- Experience with machine learning technology, especially speech and language technologies.
- Experience with Jenkins, Team City or other build server technologies.
- Experience with API-related technologies like HTTP, REST, XML and JSON.
- Experience releasing an app to the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
- Experience with security testing to include static code analysis and penetration testing.
- Experience testing i18n applications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science orrelated technical field or its equivalent.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.