Manager, Remote Event Support (LAN, WAN, Workfront) Tech Project MgrApply Now for this job: Manager, Remote Event Support (LAN, WAN, Workfront) Tech Project Mgr
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Manager of remote events leads a team of technical project managers tasked with organizing and gathering requirements for over 150 events each year, consolidating those requirements into a deployment plan that can be used by the technician’s onsite. They are also responsible for making sure the deployment team has the information they need and the IT infrastructure is deployed and supported as requested.
- Manage team of Technical Project Managers.
- Oversee operational duties and provide general direction to Remote Technicians.
- Oversee the Remote Event project portfolio.
- Responsible for the planning, transition, execution, support, closure and reporting of more than 150 remote event projects every year.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal groups as well as third party vendors.
- Identify, develop, and implement SOPs and new technologies to enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Forecast and track annual expenses of the events.
- Understanding of networking both LAN and WAN connections.
- Understanding of windows based Servers and PC’s
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory.
- 10+ years of remote event experience
- Experience with DHCP, DNS, Wireshark, SNMP, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of Workfront and portfolio management.
- Experience managing large events
- B.S. in a related technical field or equivalent experience
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.