Manager Facility Security (3rd Shift)Apply Now for this job: Manager Facility Security (3rd Shift)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Global Security & Safety department is responsible for ensuring the safety, security and well-being of all ESPN human resources, guests and assets. In addition, the department provides security and safety services for all ESPN owned and leased facilities and ESPN remote events worldwide.
The Manager Facility Security directly manages security operations and security shift supervisors in assigned locations for 3rd shift personnel.
This person is responsible for managing the 3rd Shift and will be required to work non-standard hours.
Hours could vary but would typically be in the range of 7:00pm to 3:00am through 11:00pm to 7:00am.
- Directly manages security operations and security shift supervisors in assigned locations
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of security systems and equipment, including control card access, surveillance, fire alarm, work orders, and dispatch
- Works with security consultant to assess effectiveness of the security function, and recommend upgrades, repairs, and system improvements
- Ensures that shift supervisors fully orient and train new employees
- Instructs shift supervisors on the implementation and use of new/upgraded security systems
- Advises the Facilities Operations Department regarding the security implications of new construction projects
- Coordinates with fire, police, paramedic, and other emergency resources to ensure that effective operating procedures and relationships are in place
- Operates within a clearly defined structure of defined operating processes
- Decisions are subject to close review and are determined by reference to operating policy and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years’ security and/or safety work experience in a large, multi-site, global corporate, institutional or governmental environment; with at least one (1) year in people management, managerial and policy making experience in the security/safety field
- Is an experienced manager with very good leadership skills
- Has working knowledge of police, fire, medical, and other emergency service provider procedures in responding to emergency incidents
- Has working knowledge in preparing operational budgets
- Has good subject matter knowledge with a working understanding of one recognized body of knowledge
- Advanced education in Security / Criminal Justice / Safety or equivalent
- Certified Security Professional
- Prior Military, Law Enforcement and/or Corporate Security experience
- University campus security experience
- Has knowledge of security equipment, systems, procedures and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.