Manager, Facilities AV and InfrastructureApply Now for this job: Manager, Facilities AV and Infrastructure
ESPN’s AV and Infrastructure team is responsible for ESPN’s voice and video communications systems, meeting room technology, as well as Facilities structured cabling infrastructure. We are seeking a hands-on leader who will drive the evolution of our meeting rooms and A/V presentation systems across the company, while continuing to support and maintain the Facilities cabling infrastructure.
- Lead a team of AV and Infrastructure employees.
- Manage relationships and contracts with all vendors involving AV and cabling infrastructure at all domestic ESPN locations.
- Defining and executing on a vision for meeting room experience, including A/V systems, infrastructure, and user interface.
- Researching and tracking new products in the marketplace.
- Architecture of video conferencing client and infrastructure devices.
- Oversight of meeting operations and support.
- Partnering with other technology groups, ESPN Facilities, vendors, and the customer community to create best-in-class solutions to business needs.
- Oversee design and installation of all Facilities cabling infrastructure.
- Oversee maintaining Campus DAS (dedicated antennas system).
- Travel to remote sites required on short notice.
- 5 years AV design experience.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- A strong grasp of user experience, and a demonstrated ability to drive solutions that are usable and effective.
- An ability to work with clients to collect and document needs.
- Negotiation skills to help manage client’s requests in line with set standards, or to lobby for the revision of standards where appropriate.
- The capability to develop, document and implement processes for the request, provisioning, and support of services.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to operate independently given broad direction from leadership.
- Must be able to manage the day-to-day activities of the support vendor, as well as integration staff for projects.
- Strong project management skills, including managing multiple simultaneous projects and balancing priorities.
- Minimum 3 years people management experience.
- Experience in managing $500,000 - $1,000,000 in Operating and Capital budgets
- Experience with Crestron control systems, user interfaces, and their underlying software technologies.
- Exposure to and capable of determining architectural and interior design considerations, structural/mechanical considerations, electrical requirements, lighting, acoustics, and IT integration.
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications, VCS, TMS, and video endpoints.
- Background in the installation of A/V systems, including cabling, rack installation, audio calibration, and system testing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- InfoComm CTS, CTS-D, or CTS-I certification.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.