Manager, Data Platform Product (Digital Analytics)Apply Now for this job: Manager, Data Platform Product (Digital Analytics)
The Manager, Data Platform Product, will have a primary focus on data ingestion, processing and governance. This person will write high quality and actionable data requirements and partner with engineers to implement solutions that drive insights and revenue for ESPN. Additionally, this role will be responsible for the structure and implementation for DMP data collection and A/B testing.
- Responsible for end-to-end incubation and implementation of data products
- Develop technical tools and documentation for ESPN’s data to expedite implementation, and improve product serviceability
- Collaborate with stakeholders to assess business requirements for analytics and reporting and determine the best data sources, tools and technology to fulfill requirements
- Lead measurement and data implementation processes across tools such as Adobe Analytics, Nielsen/comScore, and ad Data Management Platforms for scheduled product rollouts and updates.
- Create technical requirements, obtain signoff, manage risks, document and communicate new and changed processes
- Embrace and evangelize new data technologies that will enhance capability and reduce complexity – such as Identity strategy from ESPN Product and Disney
- Support the development and implementation of the data product roadmap specific to Data Structure and collaborate with peers to refine it across the other input areas
- Provide technical implementation support, including guidance on implementation feasibility of data integrations
- Collaborate with Engineering to commercialize solutions
- Develop and optimize revenue-driving optimization campaigns across segmented audiences
- Drive and monitor A/B and multivariate tests to optimize conversion and other key performance metrics; work with Technology, Product Management, Sales & Marketing and Design teams to ship improvements
- Define and create a self-serve reporting system for A/B tests
- 5-7 years experience in analytics
- Innovative, analytical, problem-solving, and solutions-oriented mindset
- Deep understanding of digital analytics and tracking protocols across all platforms, including browser, app, OTT devices and gaming consoles
- Proficient use of digital analytics tools, such as Adobe Analytics
- Must be team oriented, responsive and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Understanding of key data sources that support ESPN’s Media business including Adobe clickstream data, comScore and Nielsen data with the ability to quickly learn new data sources
- Experience in a large media company
- Bachelor’s level degree in related subject or equivalent experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.