Lead Graphics OperatorApply Now for this job: Lead Graphics Operator
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Executes graphics on an intermediate level using ESPN developed playout applications for remote and studio productions. Maintains quality of ESPN’s on-air product for daily/nightly studio and remote productions.
- Operates ESPN developed playout applications for live Studio and Event productions
- Works independently on Studio and Event assignments
- Enforces studio and remote formats of ESPN’s networks and its promo look
- Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions
- Able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. Must also be able to clearly articulate source of problems in defective equipment reports.
- Required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays
- Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation
- Fulfill yearly Performance Commitments
- Upholds radio assist responsibilities when necessary
- Trains new hires on various Studio productions
- Fulfill Show Lead responsibilities on multiple productions
- Able to perform at an intermediate level with functions of Windows-based playout applications
- Photoshop skills to assist Design group with headshot cutouts
- Two or more years of on-air graphics systems controller experience in a major market or at the network level
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite are necessary
- Thorough sports knowledge is preferred
- Candidates must be highly motivated, willing to work unusual hours and must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to meet ever-changing deadlines
- Must be accurate spellers and possess strong communication skills
- Demonstrates versatility on all studio shows including international productions.
- Proficient use of ESPN IMS (Image Management System) for cataloging logos/headshots and custom graphics and Sales elements
- Proficient understanding ESPN production terminology and control room etiquette and overall professionalismProficient understanding of the various graphic packages and operational procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- College degree in Communications, Multi-Media, Digital Design, Graphic Design or Animation desired.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.