Lead Designer, Motion GraphicsApply Now for this job: Lead Designer, Motion Graphics
The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development, and delivery of designs and animations at a high proficiency level. This position provides creative and animation support for daily productions and long-range assignments, contributes to group projects, and frequently works independently on assignments. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong animation skills, the ability to offer unique technical solutions, change direction easily, push their advanced software skills to higher levels, utilize next-level technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the high quality of ESPN on-air product. The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is a high level creative who is expected to set the bar on animation, quality, and innovation.
Take a look at some of the great work our team is creating here:
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema4D, and other 3D applications to create advanced designs and animations.
- Translate project details and creative direction into unique design and animation solutions.
- Possess strong individual/team communication skills; switch easily between independent/group assignments.
- Provide technical support for delivered elements and help troubleshoot software issues.
- Continually enhance personal skills to increase versatility on assignments.
- Showcase flexibility and a willingness to learn and develop new technical skills.
- Effectively collaborate within a team environment and across multiple departments within the company.
- Actively mentor peers in order to strengthen the overall reach of Creative team.
- Maintain high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Adhere to file management, administrative responsibilities, time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Travel when needed/reliably accommodate a work schedule that may include nights/weekends/holidays.
- Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Cinema 4D.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your abilities.
- 4-5 years of hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Cinema 4D at network level, major TV market, or post-house environment.
- Knowledge and experience using advanced render engines, both CPU and GPU based workflows, particularly the Arnold Renderer.
- After Effects scripting ability.
- Working knowledge of dynamics, simulations, C4D fields and XPresso.
- Familiarity with other software applications such as Houdini, Nuke, Substance, and Zbrush.
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming and content delivery platforms (TV, ESPN.com, ESPN App).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.