Journeyperson Carpenter IApply Now for this job: Journeyperson Carpenter I
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Journeyperson Carpenter I will perform construction, alterations, repairs, and modifications activities that involve commercial carpentry competencies.
- Primarily performs interior commercial building construction, alterations and repairs often including steel studs, drywall, taping, doors, door frames, hardware, ceiling grid/tile, modular carpet etc.
- Study specifications, blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project layout and determine materials and labor needed for projects.
- Provide written progress reports including concerns, problems or changes.
- Work under limited supervision using standardized practices.
- Assess materials and labor needed to complete large or complex tasks for the purpose of ensuring that construction activities meet standards.
- Verify and confirm material lead times to maintain efficient schedule.
- Assists training and “in service” programs of the maintenance staff to help build their skills.
- Direct workflow and ensure all work is completed both physically and electronically in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the image of the company is supported by appearance and activities of vendors.
Training for this position includes:
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Fire Extinguisher Operation/Utilization
- Spill Response Training
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Minimum of 3 years of commercial construction.
- Ability to perform skilled rough and finish carpentry level at a “journeyman level”.
- Including installation of doors, door frames, hardware, partition wall framing, drywall, taping, ceiling grid/tile and repair procedures.
- Provide accurate cost estimate of labor and material.
- Effectively utilize computer systems and software related to the carpentry field.
- Resolves complex and or difficult carpentry related maintenance issues.
- Familiar with codes/laws/rules and regulations.
- Must be skilled in using the equipment associated with the carpentry trades.
- Must be able to lift up to a minimum of 75 pounds. Must be able to stoop and bend for long periods of time; work on hands and knees and other awkward positions for extended periods; routinely walk to and from various buildings carrying tools, equipment and other essentials to the job site.
- Must be able to work alone and climb multiple sets of stairs, work off ladders, staging, lifts, etc.
- Must have the ability to effectively interact with people at a variety of different levels with a focus on customer needs.
- Must demonstrate initiative and a positive working attitude.
- Must be able to work overtime as required
- Knowledge of ADA compliance.
- Experience with operation of JLG telescopic boom lifts.
- Certified door consultant.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School certificate in a related field preferred.
- Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.