Heating/Piping/Cooling Journeyperson IApply Now for this job: Heating/Piping/Cooling Journeyperson I
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Heating/Piping/Cooling Journeyperson I will be responsible for the install, repair, and maintain all HVAC equipment and systems for the ESPN Main and North Campus facilities in Bristol, CT; including air handlers, boilers, chilled-water plant components including but not limited to electric water chillers, cooling towers, pumps and related systems.
- Install, repair, and maintain all HVAC equipment and systems for the ESPN Main and North Campus facilities in Bristol, CT; including air handlers, boilers, chilled-water plant components including but not limited to electric water chillers, cooling towers, pumps and related systems
- Install HVAC equipment and ductwork on an as-needed basis for office renovation and MAC (move, add, change) projects.
- Respond to and solve HVAC problems
- Assist with ordering necessary parts in order to maintain an updated HVAC parts inventory
- Impact of incumbent’s activities generally is focused on the immediate team or work group, but may indirectly impact the outcomes of the team or work group or of client departments
- Fulfillment of the needs and requirements of client departments or units are impacted by the actions of and results produced by this position
- Actions and decisions are subject to regular supervisory oversight, but errors may cause delays in the completion of workflows or assignments
- Assigned to complete processes and projects
- Assignments are mainly routine and may require adjustments based on field conditions
- As an individual contributor, administers a process or participates in administering an on-going program rather than managing staff
- RF Safety Training
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Confined Space Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Spill Response Training
- Flash Hazard Protection
- First Responder
- Has an understanding of HVAC system distribution (including but not limited to) Direct Expansion (DX) refrigerant Air Handling systems, chilled water Air Handling systems, hot water boilers, hot water space heating systems, ventilating fans and building management systems (BMS)
- Have a valid State of CT S2/D2 license and a current EPA Universal Refrigerant Recovery Certification.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with HVAC systems including air handling, fluid handling, boilers, and Central Plant chilled water systems. Familiarity with packaged roof top AHU’s, central station AHU’s, VAV and DX type equipment by Trane, McQuay, Lennox, Carrier and Liebert among others.
- Working knowledge of Direct Digital Control (DDC) building management systems.
- 2 years of general experience with trouble-shooting Direct Expansion (DX) air handling systems including fan control, hot gas bypass, compressor loading/unloading operations and routine HVAC maintenance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.