Graphics Operator Motion GraphicsApply Now for this job: Graphics Operator Motion Graphics
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The ESPN Creative Services Graphic Operator is one of five functionally unique groups whose complementary responsibilities and skill sets combine to create ESPN's on-air visual identity.
- Maintains quality of ESPN’s on-air product for daily/nightly Studio and Event productions.
- The Controller, or “Graphics Operator”, executes graphics on a basic level using ESPN developed playout applications for remote and studio productions.
- Ensures the accuracy and timely preparation of graphics assigned to productions
- Required to work flexible hours and days as production assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays
- Able to effectively communicate across the organization to report technical problems. Must also be able to clearly articulate source of problems in defective equipment reports.
- Maintain administrative records including shift assignment reports and other required documentation.
- Strong understanding of Windows-based applications for live productions
- Candidates must be highly motivated, willing to work all shifts, weekends, some holidays and must demonstrate the ability to work under pressure to meet ever-changing deadlines
- Must be accurate spellers and possess strong communication skills
- Must have familiarity with Sports. This includes College and Professional teams – names, logos and franchise players
- Minimum of one year of on-air graphics systems controller experience in a major market or at the network level is desired. Experience using VizRt, Chyron, ROSS, Trio, Photoshop, ENPS is preferred
- Able to catalog logos/headshots and custom graphics and Sales elements
- Understanding of live production control room (PCR) etiquette and overall professionalism
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Multi-Media, Digital Design, Graphic Design or Animation desired.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.