Graduate Finance Internship - ESPN - Summer 2018Apply Now for this job: Graduate Finance Internship - ESPN - Summer 2018
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN Finance supports ESPN's operational teams by providing accurate and timely financial analysis of the company's present and future business opportunities through the development of annual operating plans, forecasts, and five-year strategic plans. ESPN Finance also supports The Walt Disney Company via financial analysis and information required by internal (TWDC management) and external (TWDC shareholders) clients.
A Day in the Life…
The Intern will work on various projects in the various areas of Finance (Programming & Ad Sales Finance, Affiliate Sales Finance, International Finance, and Financial Planning). These projects will likely involve evaluating new or existing business opportunities, researching industry/external trends and evaluating their potential impact on ESPN, and other assignments as determined by business need. Basic Qualifications
What You Bring to the Role:
- A solid financial skill set gained through course work and relevant work experience
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a willingness to embrace and adapt to an ever-changing environment and work situation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Must have exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and be proficient in Word
- 2 to 4 years of general work experience with at least 1 to 2 years of applicable experience
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies in digital media
- Experience with data analytics/business intelligence tools
- Visual dashboarding
- Bachelor's Degree earned and enrolled in a graduate studies program in the semester prior to the internship in Business Administration or Sports Administration with an accounting, finance or strategy concentration
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university graduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is ten weeks, and the approximate dates are June 11 – August 17, 2018. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.