Financial AnalystApply Now for this job: Financial Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting the financial management of indirect Content costs including salary planning and other overhead expenses. This position will work closely with Content leaders to plan departmental spend, analyze trends and make recommendations for expense savings.
- Prepare operating budget, five year strategic plan, and quarterly forecasts for Content Indirect Costs.
- Prepare and maintain salary models and headcount for assigned operating units including merit increases, promotions, overtime and other labor related costs.
- Collaborate with Content management to analyze and track overall performance.
- Report findings on possible concerns and make recommendations for potential solutions.
- Prepare salary and other indirect expense variances as compared to the annual operating budget, quarterly forecasts and 5 year Strategic Plan to facilitate the monthly close and forecast cycles for Finance and Accounting review.
- Act as a strategic partner with Content while ensuring adherence to ESPN policies and company financial goals.
- Engage in special projects as directed by Finance management.
- A minimum of 2 years of work or related internship experience.
- Requires strong computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- A proficiency in building and working with financial models is necessary.
- Candidate must be extremely detailed oriented, have strong organizational and interpersonal skills and possess superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in SAP a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field required.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.