ESPN Systems Engineer Intern – Spring 2019Apply Now for this job: ESPN Systems Engineer Intern – Spring 2019
Media Engineering & Operations (ME&O) serves the Walt Disney Company (DTCI) and ESPN with 24/7 hands-on multi-disciplined technical and engineering support to ensure seamless functionality for all media acquisition, production and distribution systems/operations throughout ESPN-Bristol and its remote locations. The ME&O Leads Engineers team are considered the subject matter experts for the major systems that ME&O supports and serve as the final escalation point for all troubleshooting before turning issues over to vendors or design teams for evaluation. The Lead engineers work closely with Systems Engineering during the design phase of projects to evaluate the supportability of a product in our environment. This collaboration continues through build-out and launch of a system as the Lead engineers transfer this knowledge to the ME&O Services team for daily support and maintenance. As these new products and services mature in the broadcast environment, the Lead engineers continue to monitor and optimize workflows and provide this feedback to Systems Engineering completing the circle.
- Participates in resolving problems, including analysis, diagnosis, resolution and testing typically on routine issues
- Researches engineering techniques, test equipment or products to be used in diagnosing, solving and repairing equipment failures
- Assists in the generation and organization of required engineering technical documentation to support and operate broadcast and non-broadcast content reception, creation and transmissions equipment and systems hardware
- Assists in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance and diagnostic solutions, techniques and procedures
- Basic-level knowledge of video and audio signal formats such as but not limited to 1080p, 720p, UHD/HDR and the various frame rates associated with these formats
- Basic IT skills including TCP/IP networking concepts and equipment, storage systems, redundant computer system concepts, administration, etc
- Basic troubleshooting skills including using the use of diagnostic hardware and software tools to pinpoint issues
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with the team to achieve departmental goals
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.