Employee Relations Manager - ESPNApply Now for this job: Employee Relations Manager - ESPN
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Employee Relations Manager position is a mid-level position in ESPN’s five member Employee Relations Team. ESPN’s Employee Relations Team provides guidance to leadership and employees on company policy, practices, and state/federal employment laws, conducts internal workplace investigations, and manages employee performance issues. The Employee Relations Manager will be expected to support the team in these activities. Duties will include counseling managers and employees, conducting internal workplace investigations, creating and facilitating employee training sessions, drafting employee discipline and performance management documents, and project work to support the goals and objectives of the Employee Relations team. This is an opportunity for someone with strong written and verbal communications skills to join this fun and fast-paced team.
- Counsels and guides managers and employees in all areas of employee relations administration, policy interpretation, employee complaints, corrective action procedures, performance management, and medical and other accommodations.
- Leads investigations into employee concerns and complaints relating to various employee policies (including discrimination and harassment) and recommends appropriate action.
- Counsels employees regarding a wide range of issues and complaints, including employees in crisis (e.g. death in family, medical issues, mental or emotional issues).
- Participates in establishing Human Resources/Employee Relations strategy and influences assigned client group strategies.
- Acts as liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues and management (e.g. performance improvement plan process).
- Creates and delivers trainings for employees and managers relating to employee policies and legal issues.
- Analyzes ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners.
- Create summaries and other documents related to the ER function. Assist with project work as needed to include training, facilitation of classes, research, and other projects that support the business.
- Interact and work with team members outside the HR organization, including Legal, Security, and Disney Management Audit.
- Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
- Minimum 3-5 years progressively responsible experience as an HR or legal professional with a concentration in employee relations work
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills. Ability to quickly assess witnesses and documents and make decisions based on limited information
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decision while keeping partners and leaders informed
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to travel
- Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA
- Advanced degree (JD)
- Experience with data and analytics
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Experience creating interactive training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Law Degree (JD)
- Labor Relations experience/expertise
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.