Employee Relations AssociateApply Now for this job: Employee Relations Associate
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Employee Relations Associate position is an entry level position in ESPN’s five member Employee Relations Team. ESPN’s Employee Relations Team provides guidance to leadership and employees on company policy, practices, and state/federal employment laws, conducts internal workplace investigations, and advises on employee performance issues. The Employee Relations Associate will be expected to engage in and support the team in these activities. Duties will include counseling managers and employees, creating and facilitating employee training sessions, engaging with employees through Employee Resource Groups, conducting internal workplace investigations, drafting of employee discipline and performance management documents, and project work to support the goals of the Employee Relations team. This is an opportunity for a creative thinker with strong written and verbal communication skills to join this fun and fast-paced team.
- Supports Employee Relations team by handling cases and entry into case management system.
- Consults with line of business managers on a variety of issues including corrective action, policy clarification, leave of absence issues, and discrimination and harassment complaints.
- Consults with employees regarding a wide range of issues and complaints, including employees in crisis (e.g. death in family, medical issues, mental or emotional issues, natural disaster response).
- Consults directly with business and responds to requests, working alongside the client and/or more senior ER colleagues, to ensure all issues are resolved and escalated if/when necessary.
- Acts as liaison between managers and employees regarding performance issues and management (e.g. performance improvement plan process) Drafts performance related documents.
- Promote knowledge, understanding, and compliance with regard to Company policy and relevant employment laws through coaching, presentations, and training.
- Analyze ER data/metrics for themes, trends and root cause identification. Share findings with key partners.
- Create summaries and other documents related to the ER function. Assist with project work as needed to include training, facilitation of classes, research, and other projects that support the business.
- Develop innovative and engaging materials (incorporating visual/audio components) to promote ER initiatives and strategies.
- Interact and work with team members outside the HR organization, including Legal, Security, and Disney Management Audit, and Employee Resource Groups.
- Engage with ER team members across The Walt Disney Company to assist with advancing case work and other ER initiatives as needed/directed.
- Minimum 2-4 years in a professional level role or advanced degree/equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong written/verbal communication and facilitation/presentation skills
- Demonstrated consultative and credibility assessment skills
- Ability to assess sensitive and complex employee relations issues in a confidential, objective, and systematic manner
- Ability to build relationships to advance a positive employee relations strategy
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence at all levels within the organization, and make decision while keeping partners and leaders informed
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to travel
- Strong understanding of all aspects of employment and human resources related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices, including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, ADAAA and FMLA
- Advanced degree (JD) or equivalent experience
- Experience with data and analytics
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Experience creating interactive training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Law Degree (JD)
- Labor Relations experience/expertise
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.