Electrician I (3rd Shift)Apply Now for this job: Electrician I (3rd Shift)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Part of a team of electricians under the direction of a shift Supervisor utilizing an established work-order dispatch system. Responsible for maintaining all electrical equipment and related systems on a campus consisting of 1.4M Sq. Ft. including seventeen (17) buildings in two locations (Main Campus and North Campus).
Primary areas of attention are the technical facilities supporting “On-Air” operations including TV/Radio studios. Ability to work with a team of professionals in an established work group or team and with external contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
Note: This position will be a 3rd shift position with working days from Tuesday – Saturday. (Sunday/Monday off).
- Install, repair and maintain a variety of electrical equipment and systems in all buildings on the Bristol campus.
- Work primarily indoors on main & branch circuit distribution, emergency power, UPS systems, motor controls, lighting, detection/monitoring equipment, and Fire Alarm systems.
- Maintain a sophisticated electrical distribution system including diesel-driven emergency generators, paralleling switchgear, medium-voltage substations, maintain distribution switchgear, redundant UPS systems, and associated branch circuit distribution panels.
- First responder to general electrical and fire-alarm problems including equipment and distribution systems.
- Minimum 3 years of experience and a current state of CT—E2 Electrical License.
- Experience with all aspects of power distribution including Medium voltage distribution systems, 13.8 kV synchronizing switchgear and dual-ended substations is required.
- A thorough understanding of emergency generators and Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) is necessary.
- Qualified applicants will possess a working knowledge of physical plant safety programs and shall be able to demonstrate understanding of fire life safety procedures and requirements.
- Experience in high reliable power systems in a Broadcast environment is a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School certificate in a related field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is a plus
- Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.