Electrician I, 2nd ShiftApply Now for this job: Electrician I, 2nd Shift
The Electrician I will be a part of a team of electricians under the direction of a shift Supervisor utilizing an established work-order dispatch system. Responsible for maintaining all electrical equipment and related systems on a campus consisting of 1.4M Sq. Ft. including seventeen (17) buildings in two locations (Main Campus and North Campus).
Primary areas of attention are the technical facilities supporting “On-Air” operations including TV/Radio studios. Ability to work with a team of professionals in an established work group or team and with external contractors, sub-contractors and consultants.
*Note: This is a 2nd shift position. Hours are approximately 3:00pm – 11:30pm.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Install, repair and maintain a variety of electrical equipment and systems in all buildings on the Bristol campus.
- Work primarily indoors on main & branch circuit distribution, emergency power, UPS systems, motor controls, lighting, detection/monitoring equipment, and Fire Alarm systems.
- Maintain a sophisticated electrical distribution system including diesel-driven emergency generators, paralleling switchgear, medium-voltage substations, main-tie-main distribution switchgear, redundant UPS systems, and associated branch circuit distribution panels.
- Install, repair, and maintain all electrical equipment and systems for the Digital Center, and Broadcast Facilities; including emergency generators, dual-ended substations, and UPS systems, as well as, Bristol office buildings.
- Install power, data, voice cabling and fiber for office renovations, and MAC (move, add, change) projects
- Respond to and solves electrical problems
- Maintain updated electrical parts inventories.
- First responder to general electrical and fire-alarm problems including equipment and distribution systems.
- Impact of incumbent’s activities generally is focused on the immediate team or work group, but may indirectly impact the outcomes of the team or work group or of client departments
- Fulfillment of the needs and requirements of client departments or units are impacted by the actions of and results produced by this position
- Actions and decisions are subject to regular supervisory oversight, but errors may cause delays in the completion of workflows or assignments
- Assigned to complete processes and projects
- Assignments are mainly routine and may require adjustments based on field conditions.
- As an individual contributor, administers a process or participates in administering an ongoing program rather than managing staff
- High Voltage Electrical Safety
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Confined Space Entry
- Fire Extinguisher Operation/Utilization
- Spill Response Training
- Flash Hazard Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- RF Safety Training
- First Responder
- Experience with all aspects of power distribution including Medium voltage distribution systems, 13.8 kV synchronizing switchgear and dual-ended substations is required.
- A thorough understanding of emergency generators and Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS) is necessary.
- Qualified applicants will possess a working knowledge of physical plant safety programs and shall be able to demonstrate understanding of fire life safety procedures and requirements.
- Has an understanding of all aspects of power distribution including (but not limited to) lighting, general receptacle power, motors, air conditioning system power, transformers, distribution switchgear, 120/208 VAC power distribution and 277/480VAC power distribution.,
- Has knowledge of, but may not have expertise in, emergency generators, dual-ended substations, 15kV distribution systems and UPS systems
- Has a valid State of CT E2 electrical license
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with all aspects of power distribution including lighting circuits, general receptacle power circuits, air conditioning system power, service entrance switchgear, distribution switchgear, transformers, and branch circuit power panels.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working on fire alarm system installation, or other low-voltage system installations including voice and data communications systems.
- General experience with installation of and laying out conduit raceway systems including working knowledge of conduit fill requirements, and junction box fill requirements.
- Experience in high reliable power systems in a Broadcast environment is a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School certificate in a related field preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is a plus
- Industry accredited certificate in a related field is a plus
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.