Editorial Internship - ESPN - Summer 2018Apply Now for this job: Editorial Internship - ESPN - Summer 2018
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN’s Digital & Print group creates, edits and programs content for our desktop, mobile and print platforms. We strive to serve our diverse audience with compelling, high-quality news reporting and storytelling that sports fans won’t see anywhere else.
A Day in the Life:
The ESPN.com Editorial intern will be responsible for editing content, with the primary focus on stories slated for the ESPN.com Page 1 index and mobile app. Candidates should be prepared to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. The internship will also provide exposure to other divisions of ESPN through job shadowing, offering an excellent opportunity for aspiring journalists to assess the inner workings of the company with an eye on potential career paths.
Responsibilities may include:
- Edit and polish staff-generated and freelance articles, checking for accuracy, proper grammar, style and appropriateness
- Develop a solid understanding and appreciation of news and trending topics by leveraging story play on ESPN.com and in the ESPN app
- Curate compelling content across digital, print and social platforms
- Compile content aimed at serving specific fan bases
What You Bring to the Role:
- Fundamental editorial judgment and an ability to balance conflicting priorities
- Previous experience at a student newspaper, magazine or television station
- At least one year of internship experience in a professional environment
- Experience as both a writer and editor
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.