Director, Programming & AcquisitionsApply Now for this job: Director, Programming & Acquisitions
The Director, Programming & Acquisitions will oversee the day-to-day management and content strategies for the Major League Baseball and Little League Baseball media rights agreements across all ESPN platforms.
- Leads the administration of the MLB and Little League Baseball (“LLBB”) media rights agreements throughout ESPN and when required, The Walt Disney Company
- Work collaboratively throughout the company to optimize the MLB and LLBB media rights agreements and ensure that all contractual obligations are understood and executed
- Leads the development and execution of the MLB and LLBB distribution strategies across ESPN linear networks as well as ESPN+
- Works closely with ESPN research group to monitor and interpret various forms of measurement across platforms to understand and articulate the performance of MLB and LLBB properties
- Is the central point of contact for day-to-day internal and external inquiries regarding MLB and LLBB
- Part of the team that negotiates programming deals within baseball and any other assigned categories
- Prepares regular reports in assigned categories for senior management, outlining planned initiatives and expected outcomes, financial and otherwise, for these deals
- Liaison with ESPN’s Legal Department in drafting contracts
- Recommends initiatives across the portfolio of ESPN businesses to maximize value in MLB and LLBB properties
- Manages the preparation of all necessary acquisitions documentation including Profit/Loss analyses and Approved Program Factsheets
- Identifies, reviews, and recommends various programming proposals and potential acquisitions in assigned categories to senior Programming management
- Deep understanding of sports media business
- 8 years of experience in the sports media environment, in a television programming department at the regional or national level, or other related business
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong sports knowledge across many categories
- Experience in negotiating rights deals
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with top executives across a large enterprise and with external rights holders.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.