Director, Product ManagementApply Now for this job: Director, Product Management
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Director Product Management, will lead international product team with a primary focus on editorial tools, live and automated sport experiences and global platform development. This person will write high quality and actionable product requirements and partner with engineers to bring these products to market. Additionally, this role will be responsible to track and analyze product performance and make recommendations based on that analysis for future product growth. This person will lead a team of 3 product managers.
- Create breakthrough, quality product requirements that allow ESPN to ship world class digital products and services.
- Analyze usage metrics, market insights in formation of requirements for core digital products that will allow for each market to best maximize success and exceed fan expectations - while providing clear guidelines for the product development team to achieve.
- Develop and put into use subject matter expertise on the ESPN digital platform, design and UX standards.
- Partner with stakeholders in Editorial, Sales and Business Development to ensure partner needs are accounted for in new product developments.
- Work with peers in Product and Technology to build products that maximize the ESPN global digital platform and integrate development when it makes sense for the business, efficiency or combination of both.
- Collaborate with design, production, engineering, consumer marketing, sales and editorial teams to ensure we have the most compelling digital offerings in an effort grow scale, loyalty and satisfaction.
- Develop and communicate performance reports that provide actionable insight for future growth and development.
- Optimize, identify and communicate resource constraints and as well as potential priority conflicts combined with recommendations to solve these issues.
- Identify and communicate internal and external resources necessary to bring digital projects to market and help guide product development decisions based on those needs
- Engage with marketing to provide product expertise and design assets to grow our user base in all markets.
- Provide leadership, communication, product direction and growth opportunities for your team
- Minimum 8 years of combined media experience with a focus on digital media, product development, project management methods, best practices and emerging trends.
- Thorough understanding of formal project management methodologies including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, budgets and timelines, develop work plans and specifications, perform resource allocations and run team meetings
- Comprehensive understanding of sports media including rights, trends, business models and platforms.
- A demonstrated ability to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept through completion and the skills to either resolve or escalate issues in a timely fashion
- A passion for digital media and sports.
- Comprehensive understanding of sports media, and overall current media trends
- Experience in International digital development and markets outside the US
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA and/or PMP preferred
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.