Director IApply Now for this job: Director I
Directs television productions by coordinating the information about the show before it airs, then disseminating that information to the crew involved during the broadcast. They will need to be a team builder who has good technical skills.
- Directs live television productions from the control room by "calling the shots" to the production crew, technical crew and anchors involved.
- Coordinates and executes all aspects of a fast paced "live" production that never goes as scripted.
- Ensure a clear, concise and orderly flow of information to those involved during the broadcast.
- Coordinates the show’s rundown to reflect production values, such as video, audio and graphic requirements before the production.
- Communicates the necessary information about elements of the show to be aired, such as information regarding live shots, studio guests, graphic requirements, etc., and complete and/or coordinates any accompanying paperwork.
- Oversees all aspects of the production, whether technical in nature, such as lighting, camera positions, special effects, etc., as well as production values, such as timings, graphics, etc., to ensure a first-rate, quality broadcast before, during and after a broadcast.
- A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
- Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation is a necessity.
- Leadership skills are a must as the position includes facility and crew oversight, organizing and executing the look of the show, problem solving after the show.
- Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) fluency preferred
- Minimum of 10 years' major market experience or network equivalent preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.