Director, Digital Media Programming Acquisitions & OperationsApply Now for this job: Director, Digital Media Programming Acquisitions & Operations
The Director, Digital Media Programming and Operations is a dynamic role within ESPN’s Digital Programming organization leading a team of ten people designed to drive positive results across three functional areas (Content Acquisitions, DMVPD Platform Programming, Live Event Scheduling and Operations). The Director will lead ESPN’s ESports related content acquisitions while collaborating across the company to develop and execute overall strategy for ESPN in the gaming space. This includes managing key partnerships with Activision/Blizzard, EA, Epic, ESL and others. The Director will lead ESPN’s content relationships with MVPD/DMVPD distributors, ensuring ESPN is providing and extracting maximum value and presence on these growing platforms. The Director will also manage scheduling and strategy for ESPN3 and collaborate with ESPN Social Media team on development and scheduling of live programming on ESPN Social platforms. In addition, the Director will work closely with the Sr Manager Content Operations in overseeing the scheduling and execution of 20,000+ a year, and growing, live event schedule via various global ESPN branded platforms.
- Lead and manage the programming and operations team responsible for the management and execution of the 20k live event schedule.
- Manges daily direct content relationships with ESPN’s key third-party Distribution partners (Comcast, YouTubeTV, etc) to drive elite presentation and distribution of ESPN branded networks and content on these platforms.
- Oversee the onboarding and management of ESPN3/ESPN+ college conference/school relationships. Including the management of the conference/school ‘digital network’ presentations on ESPN App in collaboration with ESPN’s technology, programming and digital editorial teams.
- Leads programming strategy, negotiation and acquisitions for ESports (and select other sport categories).
- Oversight and management of the ESPN3 Content production and acquisitions budget at the direction of VP, Digital Programming and Acquisitions and in coordination with Affiliate, Ad Sales and overall usage growth goals.
- Evaluate and recommend strategic content initiatives to drive customer acquisition, audience expansion, and audience engagement for various ESPN platforms.Evaluate new content proposals, recommend and negotiate best terms on behalf of ESPN
- 8 years of experience in the digital content or technology sports media environment.
- Experience and success operating in a fast paced, dynamic and team-oriented organization.
- Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with C-suite through entry level contributors across a large enterprise.
- Strong sports knowledge and sports media industry knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to use data and audience behavior to drive desired results.
- Creative and strategic thinker with positive approach to work and problem solving.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- 10 years of experience in the digital content or technology sports media environment.
- Contract negotiation and content acquisition experience.
- Strategic programming/scheduling experience.
- Strong working knowledge of ESPN’s TV and Digital business
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA or other Master’s Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.