Digital Video Content AssociateApply Now for this job: Digital Video Content Associate
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Digital Video Content Associate is responsible for the creative development and production of digital video elements across ESPN’s Digital platforms and third-party Social networks. Under the close supervision of Digital Video Producers, Content Associates produce and publish game highlights; identify and curate newsmaker interviews and content from the various ESPN studio shows; and conceive of and edit digital-friendly video elements and special features, all with an eye on maximum distribution. Candidates should have strong sports knowledge and excellent communications skills, with advanced non-linear editing skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced Newsroom environment.
- Work with Digital Media Newsroom Producers to create, develop, and produce video elements and special projects using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software
- Edit content in a digital environment or digital broadcast facility for distribution for various digital media platforms
- Gather news, facts and video for assigned productions; research and prepare story ideas for future productions
- Participate in strategy meetings to generate ideas and contribute creative concepts to achieve short and long term department and company goals
- Provide timely, accurate and complete delivery of digital content for publication to various platforms
- Prepare game highlights and moments with a digital audience in mind
- Ensures all video meet highest quality and lead the development among Production Assistant and Content Associates
- Minimum 2 years related production experience
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, After Effects, etc)
- Must possess skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
- Candidate is expected to work nights, weekends and holidays
- 2-3 years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams
- Experience working with a variety of digital content management systems
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
- Understand and follow closely the latest user trends across websites and/or mobile apps
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
- Experience working closely with video content
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.