Content Producer, Digital VideoApply Now for this job: Content Producer, Digital Video
The Content Producer is responsible for short form video creation as well as managing a team of others in the process. They will lead daily ideas meetings. They are responsible for driving content decision based on data and ensuring the biggest stories of the day are covered in an accurate and entertaining fashion. The content producer works with on-air personalities to drive the content of the elements where necessary. They need to be flexible in their thought process to not only demonstrate creativity, but they need to be able to adjust to developing news stories. The content producer also needs to be aware of social and digital distribution mechanisms to maximize content reach.
- Produces and edits short form content – from idea creation to writing to edit room.
- Understands how to maximize the latest editing and producing tools to best tell the story, including after effects.
- Coordinates with members of the production and technical staffs with direction from Producers and Directors to create informative and entertaining sports content
- Organizes and evaluates the content for assigned ideas; determines the agendas and flow of assigned projects
- Able to give constructive feedback to a staff of 5-7 subordinate Associate Producers and Production Assistants who create and develop assigned sports content but are not his/her direct reports
- Uses data to maximize content creation and drive daily decision making
- Operates within the context of maximizing distribution and revenue opportunities
- Produces assigned sports content independently with regular guidance from the responsible Producer and Director
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Producer and Director at regular intervals and milestones
- Participates in or develops concepts and content for all platforms
- Determines the content and focus of each assigned sports element; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
- Uses mastery of sports knowledge, creativity and news judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content
- Detailed technical knowledge required, must have knowledge of what "works" on all platforms, with a digital-first focus, and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted
- Has a minimum of 5 years of practical multimedia Production or related experience.
- Has a good appreciation of popular culture, e.g., "what's cool" and assists with understanding the tastes of ESPN users
- Has good production skills related to sporting events
- Has a good understanding of ESPN's marketing and sales strategies
- Has an established knowledge of sports and sports history
- Is a supervisor with good leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Good writing, editing and copy editing skills
- Knowledge of production and video editing in digital environment
- Understanding of metrics-based decision making
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.