Business Analyst, Affiliate Partnership DevelopmentApply Now for this job: Business Analyst, Affiliate Partnership Development
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
Affiliate Partnership Development and Operations develops and supports the distribution of products and services that create value for The Walt Disney Company, our partners, and our fans. As part of the Affiliate Sales and Marketing Department, Affiliate Partnership Development and Operations provides product strategy, product implementation, project management, content delivery execution, event management, contract management, and contract compliance on behalf of Disney and ESPN Media Networks for both linear and digital products and across existing and emerging global distribution partners.
An individual in this role will lead multiple projects simultaneously related to product launches across the Disney, ABC, Freeform and ESPN networks. They will drive the onboarding process for content delivery, dynamic ad insertion and/or analytics implementations for both live linear and VOD content across set-top-box, mobile, PC and other digital platforms. This person will be responsible for identifying contractual obligations, creating a project roadmap, leading technical integration calls, tracking project status, troubleshooting issues and managing all project communication with various teams across The Walt Disney Company and externally with our distribution partners and vendors.
- Project manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, document and communicate progress, anticipate issues, problem solve, and drive project deliverables to completion following quality and compliance standards.
- Collaborate closely with key stakeholders to define, implement, test and support functional requirements.
- Think strategically about the scope of work, its impact on the business and prioritize accordingly.
- Document business requirements and process flows.
- Communicate regularly and effectively within the larger Affiliate Partnership Development & Operations team, Affiliate Sales and Marketing, other internal company stakeholders, distribution partners, and vendors.
- Establish relationships with internal stakeholders, distribution partners and vendors to become the liaison for technical implementations and content distribution.
- Monitor progress to ensure work is pacing on track to meet all deliverables and contractual obligations.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work autonomously.
- Approximately 2+ years of related experience in Sales, Content Distribution, Operations, Contract Management, Project Management and/or Product Implementation.
- Ability to manage and properly prioritize numerous near term projects while also setting a strong foundation for accomplishing medium/long term efforts.
- Show a strong commitment to collaborating within larger teams, and “making those around you better.” Contributes to the values and success of the overall team.
- A basic working knowledge of the multi-channel video programming distribution landscape including digital media, programming, content distribution, contractual compliance and market positioning.
- Excellent inter-personal, organizational, presentation, writing, customer service and computer skills (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint) required.
- Strong attention to detail and accountability. Able to see tasks through to completion with minimal guidance.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with both internal and external partners. Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities that enable this individual to coalesce a broad internal cross functional team around an agreed objective.
- Evaluates business and content distribution opportunities, understands the traditional affiliate business and implications that the opportunity could have on the larger TWDC business.
- Proven track record working with technical & functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Must thrive in a role primarily driven by projects highly focused on engineering and technical requirements.
- Must be able to elicit requirements from various business units across organizational and geographical boundaries and coalesce into a standard protocol.
- Strong conference call and meeting facilitation skills.
- Possess strong analytical skills and technical acumen.
- Proficient computer skills – Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint.
- Has experience with formal project management tools, techniques and documentation systems including but not limited to At Task and Sharepoint.
- Some travel required
- Non-traditional work hours depending on business needs.
- Strategic Thinking –
- Proven ability to take complex topics and contract language and synthesize them down into simple issues and options. Able to think critically, and make decisions that will ultimately impact and drive the affiliate business
- Has a solid knowledge of Disney and ESPN Media Networks and related products.
- Has a solid understanding of programming and content distribution platforms linearly and digitally.
- Bachelor’s Degree or related work experience.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.