Associate Product Manager, InternationalApply Now for this job: Associate Product Manager, International
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Associate Product Manager will work closely with the Product Manager to execute and manage development and deployment of leading products around the world as a part of the Global Product team within ESPN Digital Media. The person will support gathering product requirements and market intelligence and assist with business case development and advertising solutions on the ESPN App, ESPN multi-sport website, CricInfo App and CricInfo website. This person will also help manage relationships with decisions makers from in region teams across six continents. Working closely with product, technology, design, editorial, marketing, sales, content strategy and digital partnerships groups, this role will help bring the highest quality digital sports experiences to markets around the world.
- Work closely with the existing product team to define requirements for core digital products that will allow for each market to best maximize success and exceed fan expectations.
- Support day-to-day responsibility of product operation and coordination of product maintenance and post launch support for new and existing regions.
- Help define and analyze success metrics, globally and by region, and communicate performance reports that provide actionable insights.
- Assist in the identification and resolution of key business, marketing, sales and operational issues with regional ESPN teams as well as our partners Sony, Econet and beyond.
- Collaborate with design, production, engineering, consumer marketing, sales and editorial teams to ensure we have the most compelling digital offerings that are both relevant and impactful around the world.
- Optimize, identify and communicate resource constraints and as well as potential priority conflicts combined with recommendations to solve these issues.
- Identify and communicate internal and external resources necessary to bring digital projects to market from the roadmap.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on feature trade-offs and provides dependency coordination across regions.
- Propose multiple potential solutions for complex or new problems or processes and makes objective recommendations as to which direction should be taken.
- Serve as a liaison to connect teams around the world with US stakeholders – remove the distinction between US & International to create truly Global teams.
- Support training and expansion to new markets for Editorial, Ad Operations and Video teams.
- 1-3 years of product management experience in a consumer-oriented digital media software company.
- Experience defining product requirements and leveraging data to drive decision making.
- Work collaboratively and drive the launch of projects in a timely fashion, make thoughtful decisions on the fly, constantly clearing roadblocks to getting your product live.
- Build and foster relationships with key groups from each region to enable efficient coordination and execution across projects.
- Be a champion for international products and regions, articulate their customer and business values to groups throughout the organization.
- Be high-energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching regularly throughout the day.
- Basic understanding of project management methodologies including the ability to identify and resolve issues, manage risk, budgets and timelines, and develop work plans and specifications.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- Have a passion for digital media and sports.
- Familiar with digital product management tools such as JIRA, Balsamiq, and Trello.
- Comprehensive understanding of sports media, and overall current media trends.
- Experience in International digital development and markets outside the US.
- Knowledge of popular international sports such as Cricket, Soccer, Rugby and F1.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.