Associate Producer IIApply Now for this job: Associate Producer II
The Associate Producer II will produce features and a variety of production elements for E:60 and Outside the Lines as assigned by Senior Management. He or she must demonstrate visual creativity and attention to detail in all aspects of the editorial process for projects large and small. Seeking an individual who can thrive in a collaborative, team-first environment.
- Produces short features, update features, teases, trailers, bumps and segments for E:60 and Outside The Lines. Contributes production support during live shows.
- Provides production assistance to feature producers including logging, clipping, research and covering shoots.
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel, including but not limited to CP's, feature producers, production assistants, editors, videographers and talent to ensure material reaches air efficiently and accurately.
- Plans and directs the work of freelance production personnel and freelance technicians during out of house productions.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing server capabilities and utilizing Q-cut systems.
- Pushes the envelope creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular piece or show.
- Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of productions and to ensure accuracy.
- Values the VTL and digital archive systems and proactively works to ensure important material is preserved in these systems.
- Writes capably both for air and in non-air communications.
- Contributes to E:60 and OTL’s social media efforts and actively maximizes cross-platform potential of show elements.
- Demonstrates and applies basic mastery of most operating processes of the Studio Production Department.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in pressure situations.
- Stays current with technological advances in video editing and graphics; has basic experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and short features for assigned productions and shows.
- Understands what content is compelling and relevant to shows, and actively suggests appropriate ideas.
- Has basic mastery of sports and sports history
- Frequent travel and availability to work weekends.
- Minimum 3 years of television production experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience using non-linear edit software such as Avid and Adobe Premiere and able to produce rough cuts of segments for preliminary screening. Preference given to candidates with strong editing background, who can edit, color-correct, and provide final audio mix.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using digital cine-cameras, which include, but not limited to: Canon 5D, Canon C300, Sony F5/F55, RED Epic or higher, or Arri Alexa.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical School Degree in communications, electronics, television production or related field is desired.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.