Associate Producer II (Digital Video)Apply Now for this job: Associate Producer II (Digital Video)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Digital Video Associate Producer II is responsible for the creative development and production of Digital and Social video content across ESPN’s Digital platforms and Social channels
Working closely with Digital Video and Social Content leadership, the Associate Producer II will lead new and exciting innovations in Digital-first content executions. Candidates should have advanced non-linear editing skills, strong sports knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the pushing the boundaries of fun and engaging sports coverage
- Collaborate with Producers, Social Editors and Designers to identify and produce unique cross-platform video content
- Provide ideas and creative direction to guide content from pre-production through publish
- Edit video elements and special projects using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut, After Effects, Premiere, etc
- Work with on-air talent and production colleagues to identify and develop new content opportunities
- Serve as the leader on small teams, guiding others through the creative process with a focus on repeatable franchises optimized for maximum distribution and brand recognition
- Mentor Content Associates and Production Assistants, offering feedback and guidance on short-term projects and long-term career development
- Minimum five years related production experience in journalism/sports news
- Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, After Effects, Premiere, etc)
- Ability to quickly react to news and developing storylines, and adjust production plans to reach the widest possible audience
- Understand and closely follow the latest in Social Media trends, including sports and popular culture
- Understand and closely follow the latest user trends across Digital platforms and/or mobile apps
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
- Familiarity with Digital and Social metrics tools, including using analytics to make short and long-term strategic content decisions
- Must have strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be willing to work nights, weekends, holidays
- Please include a video reel with recent examples of your work
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree in broadcasting, communications, journalism, or closely related field.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.