Associate Producer II (Digital Video)Apply Now for this job: Associate Producer II (Digital Video)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Associate Producer II produces and edits content from ideation to final product for all of ESPN's social and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and proficient in the Adobe edit suite or similar software. In addition, they'll have a deep knowledge of digital user patterns, on both owned-and-operated digital platforms and all major social media.
Content opportunities for this job include everything from quick-turn, short form digital content to long-form feature storytelling.
- Produces features, teases, montages, segments and other elements for a wide variety of platforms
- Regularly generates and pitches viable and compelling content ideas for individual assignments and for broader use.
- Works seamlessly with a wide range of production personnel across all platforms and talent to ensure material reaches fans efficiently and accurately.
- Operates with mastery in the digital environment, maximizing data gathering tools and editing/graphics creation.
- May produce high end edit sessions for complex video elements
- Pushes the envelope creatively and demonstrates strong story-telling ability
- Researches sports information and utilizes information resources in support of content creation and to ensure accuracy.
- Actively maximizes cross-platform potential of all content
- Produces ENG field shoots including but not limited to interviews, art direction and specialty shoots. Also has the ability to shoot/edit.
- Work with Digital Media Producers to create, develop, and produce video elements and special projects using non-linear editing systems – Quantel, Final Cut and After Effects software
- Participate in strategy meetings to generate ideas and contribute creative concepts to achieve short and long term department and company goals
- Has and applies strong knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for teases, features, analysis clips, specialty elements
- Has and applies strong knowledge of animation elements and technological and social media advances – including animation, video editing and graphics
- Has strong writing skills
- May travel to news gathering sites; availability to work nights/weekends/holidays.
- Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Final Cut, Avid, After Effects, etc)
- 3-4 years working in a media environment, creating and managing content, and publishing to live streams
- Strong proficiency in metrics-based decision making
- Understand and follow closely the latest in social media trends
- Understand and follow closely the latest user trends across websites and/or mobile apps
- Must possess skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that continually arise and are subject to change
- Strong base of current sports knowledge, including teams, players and storylines
- High School Diploma
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.