Associate Manager, ProgrammingApply Now for this job: Associate Manager, Programming
The Associate Manager of Programming & Acquisitions will work directly with the acquisitions team on programming content deals for ESPN International media platforms. The successful candidate’s primary responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the content acquisition process from initial proposal through the negotiation to its execution, invoicing, and scheduling.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with leagues, agencies, and/or rights holders, as needed.
- Creating internal documents designed to track, communicate and announce new deals.
- Point person for the dissemination of programming information.
- Manage base-level acquisitions and other programming initiatives, through the negotiation process.
- Act as liaison with Legal department to support contract review process.
- Perform administrative tasks such as P&L requests, drafting of programming rights proposals, executive summaries, acquisitions tracking documents, and deal summaries.
- Answer day-to-day rights clearance questions from various departments.
- Gather and disseminate programming information amongst multiple internal departments (including Production, Marketing, Promotions, Communications, and Ad Sales) both in Bristol and in various worldwide regional offices.
- Assemble metrics/data for organizers such as distribution and ratings information.
- Competitive analysis and intelligence gathering in regards to competitors and market trends.
- Review and follow up of new programming pitches.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in media content acquisitions and/or scheduling.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Strong knowledge of both U.S. and International sports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills, along with a high degree of comfort in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with contract negotiations a plus.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.