Associate Manager, Programming and AcquisitionsApply Now for this job: Associate Manager, Programming and Acquisitions
The Associate Manager, Programming and Acquisitions is responsible for short and long-range strategic program schedule planning for assigned properties; including but not limited to NBA, Tennis, Golf and Motor Sports across ESPN and Disney platforms. Also coordinates event management and the implementation of joint initiatives to drive ratings and exposure to the categories.
The position will require consistent communication and interaction with all internal ESPN departments including Production, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Research and Legal.
The Associate Manager, Programming and Acquisitions will report to the Director, Programming and Acquisitions.
- Manage and maintain program schedules across linear and digital platforms for assigned sports properties.
- Work with the key external Programming partners such as NBA, USTA, Formula One, All England Club, Augusta National Golf Club, PGA of America and other national networks to develop the individual schedules for each property.
- In conjunction with Research, focus on identifying trends within the marketplace, with other networks and on ESPN with regard to ratings, demographics and avidity that will inform current and future decision-making in the various sport properties.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of ESPN’s strategic approach to assigned sports properties.
- Provide support on upcoming acquisitions both for new properties and for renewals of existing deals.
- Assist with the short and long-term planning and implementation of other properties including but not limited to BASS, International Basketball and the Spelling Bee.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for several ESPN Departments including, but not limited to, Production, Consumer Marketing, Communications, Ad Sales, and Finance.
- Monitor the competitive landscape in the various sport categories and keep the department and company up to speed on important developments.
- Minimum of 3 years' work experience in television programming.
- Strong overall sports knowledge with a particular focus on NBA.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships at all working levels.
- Ability to shift focus frequently and manage many projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of Content Scheduler system.
- Ability to read and interpret contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related fields
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.