Associate Director Mobile Engineering (IOS Platform)Apply Now for this job: Associate Director Mobile Engineering (IOS Platform)
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The ESPN Mobile Engineering team develops the most downloaded and successful iOS sports apps, including the ESPN app, WatchESPN, Tournament Challenge, and many others. This is an engineering position to be hands-on and lead one of our iOS engineering teams located in Bristol.
- Manage a team of engineers and contractors
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to plan and execute feature releases
- Work with product management and design and manage competing priorities
- Perform code reviews and guide engineers on the team
- Develop team members
- Help develop architecture and technical design
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
- Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance
- A minimum of 2 years management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in software development
- Experience building high volume consumer facing applications at massive scale
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top technical talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in good architecture design
- Passion for easily readable code
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- MS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.