Associate Director Mobile Engineering (IOS Platform)Apply Now for this job: Associate Director Mobile Engineering (IOS Platform)
The ESPN Mobile Engineering team develops the most downloaded and successful iOS sports apps, including the ESPN app, WatchESPN, Tournament Challenge, and many others. This is an engineering position to be hands-on and lead one of our iOS engineering teams located in Bristol.
- Manage a team of engineers and contractors
- Collaborate with other engineering managers to plan and execute feature releases
- Work with product management and design and manage competing priorities
- Perform code reviews and guide engineers on the team
- Develop team members
- Help develop architecture and technical design
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
- Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance
- A minimum of 2 years management experience
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in software development
- Experience building high volume consumer facing applications at massive scale
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top technical talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in good architecture design
- Passion for easily readable code
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- MS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.