Associate Director IIApply Now for this job: Associate Director II
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Associate Director I will operate under the close and direct supervision of the daily director of Domestic television productions by assisting with the timing of the show, the assembly of the show, and the preparation of assigned elements of the show, such as graphics, pre-production elements and pre-recorded segments.
- Assists the director in executing live television productions from the control room by “calling the shots” to the production crew and technical crew involved.
- Ensures that the video portions of assigned shows are cued and fed.
- Coordinates video and graphics with the flow of the show.
- Coordinates remote feeds, both domestic and international; ensures that specific shots are fed to the show correctly and on time.
- Tracks video cut sheets, indicating time, audio elements and graphic needs.
- Before assigned productions, coordinates the show with the control room and assigned Master Control Operators
- May be assigned to special projects
- A thorough understanding of television production is mandatory.
- Clear, concise and comprehensive verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly in a pressure situation.
- Hard working, detail oriented, passionate about production, interested in technical areas and continually offers creative ideas
- Three years of production experience or network equivalent preferred
- Directing experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
ESPN is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.