Associate Director, Facility Security
The Associate Director of Facility Security will be a significant contributor to ensuring property and people protection and the safety of the ESPN campus in Bristol. They must reflect the company’s high standards and image in their day to day responsibilities and interactions including compliance with ESPN Global Security appearance guidelines.
- Ensuring shift supervisors and security staff are fully oriented as well as support the orientation and training of new hires
- Instructing shift supervisors on implementation and use of new/upgraded security systems
- Advising the Facilities Planning and Operations Department on security implications such as new construction projects and more
- Coordinating with fire, police, paramedic, and other emergency resources to ensure effective operating procedures and relationships are in place
- Working with security consultants to assess effectiveness of the security function, and recommend upgrades, repairs, and system improvements
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of security systems and equipment, including control card access, surveillance, fire alarm
- In concert with emergency service providers, recommends how ESPN should respond to various, possible incident scenarios requiring security attention
- Applies established problem-solving to identifying alternatives and to selecting or recommending the selection of an alternative from several defined courses of action
- Analyzes security incidents to determine if improvements can be made to response procedures/actions
- As assigned, participates in interpreting of specific aspects of unfamiliar information
- Set goals and effectively coach to develop staff skills and influence behaviors
- Observe and assess performance and provide feedback to security staff
- Effectively assess employee conduct and behavior and recommend disciplinary actions as appropriate. Fairly deliver discipline to ensure successful results
- Perform employee performance reviews in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manage schedule of assignments, vacation coverage and other time off
- Develop and maintain industry contacts to remain knowledgeable about security trends and applications
- Develop long range plans for capital and operational budgets.
- Typically, incumbent has 5 years security and/or safety work experience in a large, multi-site, global corporate, institutional or governmental environment; with at least one (1) year in people management, managerial and policy making experience in the security/safety field
- Working knowledge of police, fire, medical, and other emergency service provider procedures in responding to emergency incidents
- Working knowledge in operational budget preparation
- Able to travel to regional offices and/or remote events –and- work outdoor events as needed
- Has knowledge of security equipment, systems, procedures and standards
- Must have the ability to perform basic work tasks on computers, including using MS Outlook email and Word.
- Must have the flexibility to work varying schedules (hours and days off) and work extended hours as required
- Must maintain a professional presence in image and interactions at all times.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Oversee security operations at remote events as assigned.
- Advanced education in Security / Criminal Justice / Safety or equivalent
- Certified Security Professional
- Previous work environment in Corporate Security, Military, University Campus, or Law Enforcement
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading a diverse team
- Vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.