Associate Art DirectorApply Now for this job: Associate Art Director
The Associate Art Director's scope of responsibilities includes working with the Art Director and/or Creative Director on the creative vision, management and execution of seasonal and new project assignments. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess solid conceptualization, graphic design, animation, communication and feedback skillsets. Assignments will range from providing independent creative oversight on quick turnaround projects to working with the Art Director and/or Creative Director on established graphic packages. The Associate Art Director will cultivate his or her presentation skills, creative planning, client interaction, designer feedback under the guidance of a Creative Director. The Assoc. Art Director will work closely with our CS Project Management team to provide support on creative planning, resource allocation, workflows and quality control of final deliverables. This position will collaborate directly with all divisions of Creative & Studio Direction, Post-Edit, Content Edit, Creative Works, Digital and Print creative groups.
This position will allow the opportunity to learn additional skills through potential collaboration with external vendors, live action shoots, pre-production planning and workflow. The Associate Art Director in Concept Design is a high-level individual who is expected to consistently set the bar on quality, communication, innovation, and creativity.
This position may support our ACC Network. ACCN (ACC Network) is ESPN’s newest multi-platform network launching August 2019. Showcasing 27 varsity sports from the Atlantic Coast Conference, ACCN will super-serve ACC fans like never before by shining a spotlight on the conference that’s earned 471 national titles, its rivalries and traditions. In addition to football and basketball, ACCN will feature live games and extensive coverage of lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball and more along with ACC Championships. Original content and studio shows will provide fans inside access, analysis and storytelling all year long. ACC student-athletes, the universities, fans and ACCN employees alike are integral to building this network through innovation and excellence.
The Atlantic Coast Conference was established in 1953 and consists of 15 member institutions: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame (excluding football), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest. ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities.
- Keeps the design standards of the artistic team at the highest possible level.
- Strong team building skills. Is able to motivate, nurture, groom, develop, individual Designers, Developers and Animators.
- Responsible for maintaining a creative culture
- Creates graphics and animations for touchscreens, print and set designs, studio/remote applications (including virtual graphics), and ‘proof of concept’ projects.
- Ability to work well with in a team environment and be able to take direction from Art Director and Creative Director.
- Drive conceptualization of assigned projects from Art Director’s and Creative Director’s to ensure delivery of innovative and quality design and animation.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned properties to ensure consistency of creative direction, identity and quality are maintained.
- Understands the technical aspects of each project or assignment thoroughly.
- Develops thorough knowledge of various network/show looks.
- Assists with managing all aspects of projects to deliver extraordinary customer service by participating and occasionally presenting at review sessions. Assist with prepping for presentations.
- Adhere to all SOP of projects with Creative team to meet all required deadlines and technical requirements.
- Provides professional and concise feedback to CS Management staff.
- Forges relationships outside Creative Services group with other departments and represents Creative services design philosophy and the ESPN brand.
- Ability to work nights and weekends and extra hours as needed.
- Must expect to travel, work flexible hours (days of the week, nights, weekends and holidays) as assignments or training necessitate.
- Must have reliable transportation to work.
- 7 years of hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Cinema4D, Maya, or related software equivalents in a major TV market or network level.
- Graphic production process expertise.
- Must possess strong design skills, with a demonstrated sense of visual taste and style, and the ability to formulate and develop motion graphic concepts.
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Strong communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and broad understanding of ESPN programming requirements and broadcast television protocols.
- Graphic production process expertise.
- Passion for sports and a desire to create visually appealing imagery to enhance programming.
- Familiarity with programming and family of networks.
- Partnering and teamwork skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multitask and deliver consistently with accuracy in a fast paced environment.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.