Associate Art Director, Digital Video/Social ContentApply Now for this job: Associate Art Director, Digital Video/Social Content
Working on ESPN’s off-platform content team unlike anything else. Each day you’ll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, journalistic instincts, and design skills to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
An Associate Art Director, Digital Video and Social Content is responsible for the creative elements of ESPN digital shows and off-platform executions. This is a management position responsible for defining and executing a smart, innovative look for mobile-first content that spans a variety of accounts and platforms in any given week. An Associate Art Director will closely coordinate with creative services, production operations, social production, and technology teams to ensure that creative elements are executed collaboratively, timely, efficiently, and with audience consumption and engagement insights in mind.
- Define type usage, hierarchy, color palette, illustration style, and infographics for Tier 2 and Tier 1 digital shows and off-platform initiatives.
- Utilize Adobe After Effects to create custom daily animations for a diverse slate of digital shows and platforms.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of the department and coordinate with creative services, digital design, and digital/social production teams to ensure that deadlines are met and on target.
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires quick-turning numerous pieces of content in a day.
- Demonstrate an ability to balance multiple projects and the flexibility to pivot from a plan.
- Communicate across divisions to update project timelines and report on progress.
- Conceptualize new digital show packages.
- Train digital video and social production staff on new digital show deliveries.
- Work closely with ESPN Digital Design and ESPN Creative Services Department to maintain cohesive design looks and language.
- Create Toolkits for editors using After Effects + Adobe ExtendScript language.
- 8+ years’ experience creating templates and graphics for mobile and/or social media
- 2+ years’ experience managing other creatives
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe AfterEffects
- Exceptional animation and design skills
- Demonstrated experience as a manager of other creatives
- Advanced communication and organization skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong understanding of and curiosity for social media and other emerging platforms
- Basic knowledge of the sports landscape, including current athletes, rules, and events
- Familiar with C4D
- Experience with decision-making based on audience analytics and consumption patterns
- Review and elevate work of direct reports. Push for visual excellence with clear direction, feedback, and mentorship.
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic design or related field OR a high school diploma and a suitable
- combination of related training and experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.