ACC Network - Studio ProducerApply Now for this job: ACC Network - Studio Producer
The Studio Producer (ACC Network) is responsible for day-to-day oversight of assigned studio productions. Responsibilities around each assignment include lead-up and in-show details, talent selection, creative direction, editorial decisions, show design, team management and line producing. In addition, he/she will work with the Coordinating Producer to provide support and guidance on content philosophy and execution. The following position will be part of “The ACC Network” and will be based in Bristol, CT.
The ACC Network is a new multi-media platform collaboration between ESPN and the Atlantic Coast Conference launching August 2019. Showcasing 27 varsity sports, ACCN will super-serve ACC fans like never before. In addition to football and basketball, ACCN will feature live games and extensive regular season and tournament coverage of lacrosse, soccer, volleyball, softball, baseball and more. Original content and studio shows will provide fans inside access, analysis and storytelling all year long. The Atlantic Coast Conference was established in 1953 and consists of 15 member institutions: Boston College, Clemson, Duke, Georgia Tech, Florida State, NC State, Syracuse, Louisville, Miami, North Carolina, Notre Dame (excluding football), Pittsburgh, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Wake Forest.
- Provides creative, budgetary, personnel, and administrative direction for all aspects of assigned studio productions.
- Accountable for content quality of assigned shows; plans and coordinates full scope of show responsibilities and is responsible for entire team in assigned aspects of the studio production
- Uses mastery of sports knowledge and judgment to determine the agenda, concepts and content of assigned shows
- Suggests new concepts for assigned studio telecasts; enhances the current philosophy, line-up and continuity
- Participates in the design and implementation of innovative graphics for assigned productions.
- Directs the conduct of research with sports information to obtain materials necessary for the production of assigned shows
- Coordinates with the on-air staff to write accurate and informative stories and content
- Operates within the context of defined sports news program concepts, objectives and outcomes
- Participates in or develops concepts and content for assigned shows to reach viewers and to increase ESPN’s market penetration, ratings and viewership
- Determines the content and focus of each assigned show including the stories comprising the program; identifies and follows-up on emerging stories and breaking news
- Adjusts program content to accommodate breaking news situations; interprets breaking news and translates it into program content
- Produces assigned sports programs independently with occasional guidance from the responsible Coordinating Producer
- Pre-production responsibilities include: directing production arrangements for assigned studio telecasts; establishing production schedules up to and through the event; establishing the format and sequence of events for the live shows; overseeing and controling the flow of production assets for assigned productions
- In-studio management includes: leading moment-to-moment editorial direction of the content of each assigned show with regards to content, storylines, graphic content, and commentator information; oversees crew.
- Work is reviewed by the responsible Coordinating Producer at regular intervals and milestones
- A minimum 7 years of progressively complex related studio or related production experience
- Advanced ability to create and produce compelling content; generates and executes assigned studio productions, from concept to execution
- Advanced knowledge of real-time sports productions
- Applies advanced knowledge of story ideas and concepts for assigned studio productions
- Strong knowledge of the Atlantic Coast Conference.
- Established knowledge of sports and sports history
- Experienced manager with strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent writing and copy editing skills
- Strong knowledge of television production and video editing in multiple control room environments
- Detailed technical knowledge, must have knowledge of what “works” on television and what is realistic to accomplish in time allotted for show production
- Advanced knowledge of television production techniques used in a digital control room
- Appreciation of popular cultures, e.g., “what’s cool” and assists with defining tastes of ESPN’s viewers in ACCN regions
- Understanding of ESPN’s market positioning and strategies
- Advanced knowledge of sports and sports history
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.