ACC Network – Manager, CommunicationsApply Now for this job: ACC Network – Manager, Communications
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
- Serve as key communications contact for the ACC Network
- Position is based in Bristol, CT
- Support all press activities related to ACC Network, as well as PR team initiatives including college football, bowl games, NCAA Championships, Olympic sports, ratings and all relevant studio programming;
- Daily duties to include pitching and promoting ACC Network’s programming, on-air talent and execs, select NCAA Championships and regular-season college sports programming, and crafting all ESPN college sports communications tools including press kits, bios, weekly newsletter and images;
- Help create, develop and execute publicity strategies for those units to help drive their respective business goals;
- Embrace new tools and approaches to serve as a 360 communicator, serving both internal and external audiences. Creatively engage a variety of audiences online by generating story ideas and multimedia assets. This includes creating regular new material for ESPN’s internal employee website and ESPN Front Row, the company’s outward-facing corporate blog;
- Maintain relationships with key media members in various beats, including television, business, sports, trades, and non-traditional media (Blogs, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and influencers);
- Interact with executives in assigned departments to keep abreast of program strategies and plans, and to deal with communications issues that arise;
- Maximize social media/digital tools to more effectively communicate messaging;
- Understand the demands of working for a 24/7 media company and be willing and available to work evenings and weekends when necessary;
- Develop internal and external messaging on key issues;
- Advise company spokespersons regarding their communication on key issues to media and others;
- When appropriate, act as company liaison and spokesperson with media;
- Monitor industry news in print, online and on social media platforms and advise appropriate executives of important developments;
- Maintain and improve executive visibility by identifying speaking and industry recognition opportunities;
- Build strong internal relationships to collaboratively work across teams and departments;
- Collaborate with designated PR reps from key clients and business partners to drive shared goals;
- Develop press materials, including press kits, press releases, fact sheets, bios, press events, etc.;
- Maintain press lists and create results reports related to specific initiatives.
- A minimum of 5 years public relations/media relations experience
- Excellent PR, communications and writing skills
- Results-oriented and experienced in media pitching across spectrum of media (TV, print, online, radio, magazines, trades)
- Demonstrated knowledge/understanding of sports, media and news value
- College degree (related to communications or journalism preferred)
- National media contacts across TV (morning/late night), print, online, magazines, radio, trades
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Self-starter and positive personality
- Experience in public speaking
- Ability to handle multiple tasks on deadline in fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in social media: Twitter, Vine, Facebook
- Knowledge of TV ratings and sports cable TV landscape preferred
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call .
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.