Associate Producer I - Longhorn NetworkApply Now for this job: Associate Producer I - Longhorn Network
Working as an Associate Producer at Longhorn Network is unique opportunity to work in numerous production roles in Sports Television. The main function of the Associate Producer I position will be to produce graphics and content for our live event coverage. The position will be assigned to an array of remote sports productions and participate in the creative development of assigned productions, storyline ideas and concepts for remote and integrated events.
An Associate Producer at LHN is also a content creator that plays an integral role in planning, executing and delivering content for air. Whether that entails a feature or tease shoot to support our live game productions, studio shows, or evergreen program, the ideal candidate is a strong story teller that can hit the ground running. Our APs need to be able to work independently or as part of a group depending on the assignment. Longhorn Network’s structure allows high-performing candidates to see their ideas come to life and grow into strong producers
- Works closely with the Producer to design, implement and execute on air graphics that support storylines for remote telecasts.
- Uses knowledge or sports and graphics to help determine the concepts, looks, and content of graphics for assigned events.
- Coordinates and supports various aspects of the production of assigned telecasts including schedules and facilities.
- Participates in the creative development and contributes to the storyline ideas for assigned telecasts.
- Researches sports information and obtains materials as directed for assigned remote telecasts.
- Tracks and reports on production schedules and budgets; updates production tracking spreadsheets; tracks the flow of remote production assets.
- May write line copy and parts of scripts and special introductions.
- Trains and mentors Content Associates and Production Assistants in various roles that include prepping elements for a game, event, edit, or shoot.
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends – some travel required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with remote sports/events.
- Experience producing graphics for live events.
- Knowledge of sports and sports history.
- Experience with operating processes for remote sports productions.
- Good communication and organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Ability to function effectively in an atmosphere subject to frequent changes.
- Thrives on deadlines, delivering high quality, accurate work in pressure situations.
- Stays current with technological advances in animation, video editing and graphics; has basic experience producing teases, segments, roll-outs and highlights for assigned productions.
- Has experience in the conduct of several processes and procedures carried out in remote sports productions.
- Has and applies a basic knowledge of what story ideas and concepts to use for assigned teases, sales features, promotions, roll-outs and special animation elements for assigned sports events.
- Has non-linear editing experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.