ESPN Social Media Internship - Fall 2019Apply Now for this job: ESPN Social Media Internship - Fall 2019
Who We Are...
Working in social media at ESPN is unlike anything else. Each day you’ll be challenged to blend creativity, sports knowledge, and journalistic instincts to produce industry-leading content seen by millions of sports fans. Collaboration, innovation, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
ESPN is seeking an intern to assist with social media coverage across Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. The ideal candidate will be an incredibly avid social media user who is able to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment with an unquenchable thirst for learning.
A Day In The Life:
- Crafts posts that are optimized to engage on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Selects and edits video that is optimized to engage on ESPN’s YouTube channel
- Works with social media colleagues to understand the strategy behind posting on ESPN social platforms
- Learns how to apply news judgement and journalistic standards to the most important sports stories of the day
- Creates Photoshop images for posting across various social media platforms
- Clips and edits short video moments for posting across various social media platforms
- Assists with compiling social analytics recaps and reports
- Researches new trends and applications of social media to enhance ESPN’s channels
What You Bring To The Role:
- Elite knowledge of social media, including a mastery of trends and verbiage on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Strong writing and copyediting skills in addition to creative thinking and solid news judgment
- Elite knowledge of all sports including current athletes, rules and events
- Familiarity with ESPN shows, talent, and digital products
- Experience with at least one of the following: video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Avid), photo editing software (Photoshop, AfterEffects)
- Historical knowledge of sports
- Experience with both video editing software (Final Cut Pro, Avid) and photo editing software (Photoshop, AfterEffects)
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2019 graduates are still eligible.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are September 9- November 15, 2019.
Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship including nights, weekends and holidays.
Housing: This position is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.