Digital Content Growth ManagerApply Now for this job: Digital Content Growth Manager
From ESPN’s website, its apps and ESPN+ to Social Media, streaming and digital video services and other content platforms, ESPN’s digital footprint continues to grow at an exciting pace—and the Digital Content Growth team needs a sharp, analytical thinker, as comfortable with data as they are in front of a group of writers, to help ESPN grow faster and smarter.
The Digital Content Growth team’s mission is to drive reach, increase user engagement and grow revenue by using data to inform smart decisions across all platforms. As a Digital Content Analytics Manager, you will play a key role in the retrieval, analysis and communication of performance-related data.
The Digital Content Analytics Manager will drive insights around the performance of ESPN’s content on various platforms including social media, Apple News, search and YouTube. These insights will inform how the digital content group can increase its reach and better meet its goals. As a data evangelist, you will help members of the digital content group learn how to perform their own analysis, as well as promote proper data hygiene. You will work closely with Product Management, Design, Audience and Content Development groups to create requirements for the tracking and reporting of data.
This role will also be responsible for working with key stakeholders to identify tracking and reporting gaps such as funnels, pathways, and other undefined concepts. This role will require a working understanding of web analytics and user behavior as well as a passion for using multi platform data tools necessary to drive decisions for ESPN’s diverse portfolio of digital products and new strategic content initiatives.
- Prepare reporting and insight communications including reports, dashboards and visualizations, and ensure accuracy and data integrity.
- Build analytics methodologies, reports and visualizations within social, audience, and content development organizations.
- Lead the planning, coordination and execution of specific reporting and insight projects.
- Monitor projects and deliverables for risks, timing and data quality.
- Serve as main point of accountability for data requirements within new products and revised products.
- Coordinate and execute ad-hoc analysis that inform both the strategic and tactical initiatives of the Audience and Content development teams.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations and formal analysis in support of executive decision making and strategy development.
- Work with constituent groups across ESPN to ensure accuracy and consistency in both methodologies and reporting of data.
- Establish, support and maintain standards for analytics processes.
- Responsible for coordination of resources in diverse groups within and outside Digital and Print Media.
- At least 3 years of work experience in content-related data analysis or statistics.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel including advanced formula development
- Excellent communication skills with experience using PowerPoint, Keynote or an equivalent presentation software to interact with all levels of end users and technical resources.
- Demonstrated data-driven decision-making capabilities with the ability to work on a diverse scope of projects leveraging a diverse array of data sources.
- Experience with enterprise-level reporting platforms such as Localytics, Mixpanel, Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or related products, as well as experience with social platform analytics, both natively and through third party tools.
- Knowledge of a data query and analysis language (SQL, R, etc.)
- Creative thinking and motivated self-starter, who prides themselves on solving complex problems and a passion for learning new skills.
- Familiarity with different types of digital and social content.
- Passionate sports fan and familiarity with ESPN’s products and services
- Technical experience with tagging and tracking for HTML and application based products
- Experience working with product and business partners to deliver actionable analytics via automated dashboards or ad hoc requests (direct pulling from databases)
- High School Diploma
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.