ESPN New York is looking for an experienced sales professional to represent and sell our Local assets across the following Platforms:
- ESPN New York 98.7 FM
- ESPN Deportes Nueva York 1050 AM
- NY Knicks, NY Rangers and NY Jets Play by Play
- Digital and Mobile platforms on www.ESPNNewYork.com
If you are a sports fan, and you love sales, this job is a dream. As an Account Executive at ESPN New York, you have will represent some of NY’s iconic sports franchises, ESPN audio assets like Mike and Mike in the Morning show and The Michael Kay Show, the largest local sports website in New York, ESPNNewYork.com, and the exclusive New York market Hispanic Sports Platform, ESPN Deportes Nueva York 1050 AM.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere. Responsibilities
- Responsible for increasing the company’s gross revenue by developing new business and growing existing business accounts with local and regional clientele by selling advertising and promotional opportunities through spot-radio campaigns, Play by Play , digital campaigns and new media.
- Track record as a Self Starter and can meet Individual Sales Goals and Objectives
- Ability to forge and grow client relationships
- Represent ESPN New York in the Local and Regional buying community and to conduct good business practices that benefit the client while adhering to the company’s needs and standards.
- Must have the ability to present marketing concepts and ideas to prospective customers on a regular basis; daily and weekly
- Ability to identify qualified customers for ESPN New York Basic Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years New York Radio Sales experience with Direct and Agency experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly goals at previous jobs
- Ability to think strategically to develop new categories of business and grow existing categories
- Must have excellent verbal and written presentation skills Preferred Qualifications
- Proficient working in: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- MUST possess Excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Extensive Knowledge of and possessing existing relationships with local direct clients and agencies Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s Degree Required Education
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Additional Information
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.