Director Information Graphics
This position is located in Bristol, CT.
ESPN is seeking an Information Graphics Director to oversee graphics for our Digital and Print Media group.
Exceptional data visualization is an integral part of what we do, and we fully appreciate the value it brings to our brand. We are looking for a person who can use information to tell stories, as well as someone who can create and conceptualize original content that enhances our magazine, websites, apps, and broadcast products.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• This person will work directly with editors and designers to conceptualize, create, and coordinate graphics, both internally and with outside vendors.
• They will be responsible for adapting print graphics to digital and TV, as well as building unique interactive graphics for multiple platforms.
• Serious candidates should have extensive knowledge of sports and statistical data visualization
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience at a website, newspaper, magazine, or studio that specializes in information graphics.
• Candidates should have experience creating interactive online graphics, maps and motion graphics, as well as overseeing subcontracted graphic artists.
• Should have an interest in social networking as it pertains to data, and knowledge of all relevant software.
• Candidates should have a clean, elegant, and sophisticated aesthetic, an ability to visualize complex ideas in a clear, accurate, and intelligent manner, and most of all, they should have an obsessive-compulsive approach to accuracy.
• Proficiency in HTML5, CSS3, Java Script
• Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
• Some knowledge of 3D rendering
• Experience building data-driven charts, maps, and 3D modeling
• Flash knowledge is a plus
• GIS Tools
•Advanced Degrees in Design
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
Job ID: 72286BR